My memory has a hole. A big hole.
I don't know the nature of it, but maybe it connects somehow to the ozone holes in stratosphere.
I read / watch / research a lot but because of the hole, I keep forgeting everything very quick. It annoys me.
So, this blog is my attempt to record all my discoveries and keep them in one place where I always can come back.
You are more than welcome to follow me in it.

Sunday 23 January 2011

Clay Ketter: Gulf Coast Slabs

New name for me I got from London Art Fair





In Gulf Coast Slabs (2007) photographic objects show traces of homes swept away by the hurricane Katrina that hit the American Gulf Coast in 2006. The series develop in his aesthetic somewhere between abstraction and realism or even fake ready-mades, both brutal and poetic. The traces of architecture are this time also loaded with morally more difficult content than in his earlier works (from Bartha Contemporary web)

short article about this piece of work:
http://www.coolhunting.com/archives/2008/03/clay-ketter-gulf-coast.php

No comments:

Post a Comment