My memory has a hole. A big hole.
I don't know the nature of it, but maybe it connects somehow to the ozone holes in stratosphere.
I read / watch / research a lot but because of the hole, I keep forgeting everything very quick. It annoys me.
So, this blog is my attempt to record all my discoveries and keep them in one place where I always can come back.
You are more than welcome to follow me in it.

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Animation - Sita Sings The Blues

Thanks to my friends who introduce me to this animated film.





It's a story based on Indian epic Ramayana entirely animated (directed and written) by American animator Nina Paley.The songs were taken from old records of Annette Hanshaw who was the famous singer in the beginning of 20th century.

It's interesting that Sita's story is not the main line in Ramyana but Nina Paley has made it the main in her animation.

Nina Paley is against the idea of copyright. So, you can watch the film online here:
http://www.sitasingstheblues.com/watch.html

Moreover, I recommend to read FAQ section where she answered on some questions regarding the animation, process and her personal experience in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment